There are a lot of guitar plucks or melodies that can be played even if they have been composed for other instruments such as violin, piano or even for orchestra. In this post I want to introduce you to some of the most recognized melodies in the world and that practically all of us know.
The fact of being able to play recognized guitar plucks will make us more motivated to keep on practicing. Maybe some of the titles do not sound familiar but I am sure that if you listen to them you will recognize them instantly because they are melodies that never go out of style. This list seems short but it is very substantial because it is all interactive transcriptions. I will update it by adding more guitar plucks for you to have fun playing.
On the other hand, if you find them difficult don’t forget that we have a beginners course with even easier tunes to play before playing the ones in this list. However, if you are already enrolled in the course you can play the ones below to continue improving as a guitarist.
Tips for playing these plucks:
If you have been playing for a short time, I recommend that you start with those melodies that are in the first position of the guitar and that are not very fast, for example Somewhere over the rainbow, Can Can or Vivaldi’s Spring.
In this list you also have guitar fingerings that are not too fast but have many changes of position for example The Entertainer or la donna è mobile. With this kind of melodies you must be patient and observe well with which fingers I play them because they are fingered in this way for more comfort.
- The Sound of Silence – Simon & Garfunkel
- I want to hold your hand – The Beatles
- Symphony No. 40 1st movement – W.A. Mozart
- Hungarian Dance nº5 -J. Brahams
- The Pink Panther -Henry Mancini
- Neapolitan Tarantella – Popular
- Tapatio syrup – Popular
- Riders in the sky – Stan Jones
- Can can – J. Offenbach
- Por una cabeza – Carlos Gardel
- Somewhere over the rainbow – Harold Arlen
- Spring – Antonio Vivaldi
- Spanish Flea – Herb Alpert
- The Entertainer -Scott Joplin
- La donna è mobile – Giuseppe Verdi
- Life is beautiful – Nicola Piovani
- Rondo Alla Turca – W.A. Mozart
What other famous tune should be on this list? Leave your comment below